- A Postgraduate Diploma is usually 9-12 month’s duration depending on the international hubs.
- The course structure is a blended form of learning. There is a 1 day workshop, followed by participating on online activity, interactive webinar & practical video skills etc.
- The online knowledge is tested on a regular basis via the internet. The workshops are held at a central venue. The course is otherwise delivered local to the student.
3.How are the “Practical skills” acquired?
- The “practical skills or core competencies” to be acquired are listed in the “Clinical skills booklet.” These are gradually acquired during the course through various online media activities and the candidate should make their own provision to atten specialist clinics
4.What are the course costs? Are there any discounts and bursaries?
- Costs are detailed on our website. Usually there is payment of registration fees, course fee, examination fee and resit examination fees. Discounts are not available but some bursaries occasionally are awarded.
5.Please give some details of modules and topics?
- Each course has several knowledge based topics. These are grouped into modules. After completion of each topic an online test is taken. Mini tests are conducted every 2-3 modules. All of this is completed online.
6.What is the exam format and structure?
- The examination is paper based and covers the whole syllabus. It is structured as “Single Best Option”, “Extended Matching Question” and “Diagnostic Clinical Quizzes”. There is no oral section. The online tests and mini exams are structured similarly so there are no surprises.
- You MUST have completed all the online tests related to each topic, the mini test and reflective case studies (if required on your course), prior to the examination.
- Your “Clinical Skills Booklet”, which is a strongly recommended option, must be fully completed, signed up and forwarded to Rila prior to the examination (mandatory for PGDIP Minor Surgery ONLY). It must also be brought to the examination. Please make a copy of your Booklet for your own files.
- The result of the examination is posted to the candidate within 8 weeks of the examination date and formed certificates/diplomas are issued 3-4 months after by the university.
7.Foreign students: Can I get a job after the course in the UK?
- Non UK/EU students will require recognition of their primary qualification (MBBS) or pass the PLAB 1 & 2 of the General Medical Council to be registered to work in UK. The Postgraduate course will allow them, once successful in their registration, to apply for appropriate jobs and the course will enhance their prospects of gaining employment.